ISCTE Business School is seeking students who can demonstrate the ability and commitment to successfully manage an academically demanding, full-time programme. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with the potential to become the business leaders of tomorrow.
Our International Masters programmes are designed for high-calibre graduate students and taught exclusively in English, in an international and multicultural atmosphere, therefore candidates must show evidence of a completed Bachelors degree as well as proficiency in the English language.
Although every application is assessed on its own merits, these programmes are mainly designed for students with little or no professional experience.
We invite candidates who believe they have the skills, knowledge and motivation necessary to visit where they will find further details of the application process and candidate requirements.
Note: It is understood that many candidates will be applying whilst still studying for their Bachelors degree. In such cases candidates will be asked to sign a declaration of commitment until such time as their degree is awarded.
We require the following skills and qualifications from applicants to our International Masters programmes:
- A bachelor’s degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education with a course-by-course evaluation of the student’s official undergraduate transcript showing that the student has a 3.0 GPA or better equivalent on a 4.0 scale; minimum grade 14/20 (i.e. B=3.0)
- An undergraduate course in Statistics (minimum grade of C = 12/20)
- Proficiency in English: TOEFL (computer-based: 220; internet-based: 80; paper-based equivalent score) or IELTS (6.5)
- GRE / GMAT Tests - The GRE/GMAT is not required, however, the Admissions Committee may ask for the GRE/GMAT to strengthen a candidate's application package.
- 2 references (academic or professional);
- 2 recommendation letters
- An essay in which the applicant explains his or her motivation for applying (filled in on the online application form);
- Upon successful completion of each institutions’degree requirements, students will receive an MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management from ISCTE and an MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management from UCF.
Living Expenses at Orlando, USA
Students are responsible for Living Expenses and Immigration arrangements.
Living Expenses Estimate:
Housing: $3,500.00 per term (Fall and Spring)
Food and Other Expenses: Approximate $3,000.00 per term (Fall and Spring)
Health Insurance: Included (free of charge)
We aim to attract students from diverse cultural, educational and professional backgrounds. The evaluation of candidates is based on their achievements, potential, and professional motivation.
We welcome applications from:
- Candidates already working in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry and aiming to improve their skills and knowledge to boost their careers;
- Candidates working in other industries and wanting to move to the hospitality and tourism industry;
- Candidates who want to continue their studies at Master level in the Hospitality and Tourism industry, after receiving their Undergraduate degree in order to develop a successful career in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
During the admission process, we will be looking at academic experience, motivation, maturity, creativity, and self-confidence.
Application Process 2019/2020
Application deadlines and fees
|Round||Dates||Application fee||Number of vacancies|
|1st Round||15 January - 25 February||€ 50||15|
|2nd Round||26 March - 06 May
|3rd Round||28 May - 15 July
||€ 100||To be confirmed|
|4th Round||06 August - 02 September||€ 150||To be confirmed
To apply for a full-time International Masters programme you must submit the following documents:
- Online application form; the following documents must be uploaded into the application form
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcript of Records / Grade records until the date of application.
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Motivation Letter
- Application fee (non-refundable)
There are other documents (other qualifications, references, etc.) that you may wish to include at this point. These are not essential but may help your application.
IMPORTANT - Selections are made on a rolling basis from the moment the application period opens. We therefore encourage early applications.
The selection process involves four separate stages which are outlined below:
Step 1. Initial assessment. After submitting completed online application and after payment of the application fee, applications will be reviewed by a member of the International Admissions Office. We will consider your application form, answers to the admission questions, Curriculum Vitae and other supporting documents to assess the strength of your application.
Step 2. Interview. If successful in the initial stage, and within 2-3 weeks of applying, we will invite you to an interview with the Programme Director. During the interview we will further explore your academic background, experience, competencies, personal qualities and motivation. Depending on your location, you may be interviewed face-to-face or by phone/Skype.
Step 3. Final Election Decisions. All applicants will be notified of the final decision at the end of each period of selection.
Step 4. Enrollment. If your application is successful you will be notified by e-mail.
Due to the high number of students applying for limited places, we ask all students to enroll (thereby confirming their place) within three weeks of acceptance.
To confirm enrolment you should deliver the following:
- Certified copy of ID / Passport (or present the original to be certified at the office);
- Bachelors Diploma*;
- Transcript of Records (full if graduated, otherwise partial);
- English language proficiency score report
- GMAT or GRE Score report (optional).
*In cases where a Diploma is not available but the graduation is expected before January 2017 – we ask students to sign a Declaration of Commitment.
Tel.: +351 210 464 208
Office 238, Ala Autonoma building
Av. Forças Armadas
1649-026 Lisboa, Portugal
Walk-in-hours: From 9h30 a.m to 5h30 p.m (Monday to Friday)
How to reach ISCTE-IUL
By subway (Metro or Metropolitano)
Metro station (yellow line): Entrecampos and walk up the Avenida das Forças Armadas (it's a 5 minute walk to ISCTE-IUL, which is located on your right, signposted and a little recessed from the street, before the top of the hill).
By bus (Autocarro)
Buses to ISCTE-IUL:
Lines 701 and 754 stop at Avenida das Forças Armadas, just close to ISCTE-IUL.
For detailed information you may have a look at:
From the airport: (Lisboa International Airport, 7 km from the city centre)
First stop: Entrecampos
- By subway
Stop at Entre Campos, yellow line
- By taxi