ISCTE Business School Campus
ISCTE Business School campus (IBS) is located at ISCTE-IUL facilities,in the heart of Portuguese's capital, Lisbon. It has 56 classrooms, 12 auditoria, grand auditorium, study rooms, library, computer labs, among others.
ISCTE Business School is one of the four schools of ISCTE-IUL, with a specialised and exclusive secretariat, as well as Career Services Office, and Communication Office to support to current students and alumni.
Library and Documentation Centre
The library offers excellent conditions to consult books and magazines. Its catalogue of works includes online access to the most important consultation network of scientific journals – with more 3000 magazines of different areas - and continuous updating of the material available for consultation.
Users of the Documentation centre can obtain research assistance, consult works, requisition books and use computers.
Information Technology Services
ISCTE Business School has generic databases such as Proquest, Web of Knowledge, JSTOR; as well as financial-oriented databases like Bloomberg, Reuters, Datastream, Worldscope, CRSP to which all students have free access. ISCTE Business School is one of few schools in Europe to have access to Wharton's Research Data Services (WRDS).
IBS is situated next to Cidade Universitária Sports centre, one of the largest sports centres in Lisbon, with several pavilions, football and rugby fields, jogging tracks, swimming pools and other sports facilities and fitness.
ISCTE Business School is situated at ISCTE-IUL facilities, in centre of Lisbon, near Entrecampos and Cidade Universitária metro stations.
How to reach ISCTE Business School
- By subway: Get off at Entrecampos Metro station (yellow line) and walk up the Avenida das Forças Armadas (it is a 5 minutes’ walk, around 300-400 meteres). ISCTE-IUL campus is located on right side of the street and there is information pane indicating the site.
- By bus: Numbers 754 and 701 stop at Avenida das Forças Armadas, close to the campus.
- By Train: Get off at Entrecampos station and walk up the Avenida das Forças Armadas (it is 7 minutes’ walk). Go towards Entrecampos roundabout, thenturn left and go up Avenida das Forças Armadas. ISCTE-IUL campus is located on right side of the street and there is information pane indicating the site.
How to get to ISCTE Business School from the airport:
- by Taxi (around 15-20 minutes with light traffic)
Should you take a taxi during your time in Lisbon it is useful to know that taxis operate with two tariffs:
9pm-6am weekdays and all day at the weekend the price is 20% higher.
- by Aerobus
Alternatively, you may travel by bus from the airport: the Aerobus runs a regular service from 7am – 11.20pm every day. The Aerobus stop nearest to ISCTE-IUL is situated at Entrecampos roundabout. Afterwards just walk up Avenida das Forças Armadas street (around 300-400 meters).
- Metro (Subway)
Lisbon’s airport is also served by the Lisbon Metropolitan – take the metro (red line) from the airport to Saldanha and change to the yellow line to Entrecampos. Exit the station towards direction Avenida das Forças Armadas and walk up around 300-400 meteres. The campus is situated on the right side of the street.
Welcome to Prof. José Pinto Peixoto Residence!
With the University Residence Professor José Pinto Peixoto, the Lisbon University Institute (ISCTE-IUL) meets some of the accommodation needs of its visiting students and teachers which, so far have only been served through the room and private house market across Lisbon.
Located in the Monastery of Santos-o-Novo (17th century) – which is classified as National Monument – on a small hill by the river Tagus, in Lisbon’s east end, the residence benefits from a privileged view and is a short distance from the central railway station of Santa Apolónia, the typical neighbourhood of Alfama, downtown Lisbon, Terreiro do Paço, and also close to the new residential, commercial and service area of the Parque das Nações.
The accommodation at the Residence consists of:
- Double rooms with private WC, (24)
- Double rooms with shared toilet*, (8)
- Triple room with private WC (1),
- Quadruple rooms with private WC (3).
- Apartments (3).
*Double rooms with shared WC are reserved for ISCTE-IUL’s scholarship students.
Common areas and services
The Residence has a Laundry, Lounge area with TV, Games Room, Kitchen, Dining room, study room and Internet in the rooms.
Residents with contract for a semester or a year:
- double room with bathroom - € 250.00/month
- double room with shared bathroom - € 175.00/month
- triple room with private bathroom - 200.00 €/month
- quadruple bedroom with ensuite bathroom - € 175.00/month.
A 5% discount will be given to Residents paying for the whole semester or academic year.
The Residence is open 12 months a year and residents are entitled to accommodation, bed linen and towels throughout this period.
At the start of the academic year, students should give the Residence 48 hours notice of their arrival, by phone or in writing. First time residents cannot enter on Sundays or national holidays.
Students can leave and enter the Residence at any hour.
The University Residence Professor José Pinto Peixoto is at Pátio das Comendadeiras – Calçada da Cruz da Pedra, at Mosteiro de Santos-o-Novo.
This area is served by buses that travel around a large city area and passes by the main central areas, such as Terreiro do Paço, Marquês de Pombal, Rato, Saldanha, entre outras.
Applications to the Residence
- Photocopy of ID or passport;
- 1 Photograph;
Deadline for applying: *
- 1st Semester: June 30th
- 2nd Semester: November 30th
* Though there are deadlines for application, the application proccess is open the whole academic year and students can apply at any time, their requests will be analised and answered.
Getting to the Residence
Bus Stop Calçada da Cruz de Pedra
- 706 (from Santa Apolonia Train Station to Cais do Sodré)
- 794 (From Oriente Train Station to Terreiro do Paço)
Bus Stop Rua da Madredeus
- 718 (from ISEL / Chelas to Alameda) and
- 742 (from Ajuda to Madredeus).
Subway - Santa Apolonia - blue line (at about 550 yards away)
The fastest route to reach ISCTE-IUL by public transportation, from the Residence: take bus 742, get out at Saldanha and from there take the metro to the station Entrecampos. However, there are alternative routes. For more information see www.carris.pt where you can find bus timetables and route simulations.
Residência Universitária Prof. José Pinto Peixoto
Mosteiro de Santos-o-Novo
Calçada da Cruz da Pedra, 1900-409 Lisbon
Tel.: +351 218 149 380/+351 218 149 436
Av. das Forças Armadas, 1649-026 Lisbon
Tel: +351 217 903 209 | Fax.: +351 217 903 929