MSc in Management 2018/2019
Ranked 29º in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe in 2016/2017.
Deloitte rewarded the best MSc in Management student (2016/2017)
Director: Álvaro Rosa
The MSc in Management will work with two classes. In order to allow students to continue their studies in Portuguese, the content of one of said classes will be taught in Portuguese, however, due to the permanent internationalisation of the Business School the Masters programme also offers one class where all courses are in English. In spite of the different languages, the content of the courses are identical
The ISCTE Business School’s MSc in Management is a competences oriented programme designed for those who have a first degree in business studies or areas alike. Our main objective is to provide them with in-depth up-to-date knowledge and skills so to enhance their capabilities to thrive in the modern business world.
As a matter of fact, society and business environments challenge constantly the managers to lead for innovation and to entrepreneurship. The MSc in Management is thought and conceived to train future leaders to effectively lead, to develop vision and to build bridges with stakeholders. On the other hand, a wide range of electives are offered to provide the students an opportunity to shape their professional vocation.
Our programme is offered in both Portuguese and English languages, though having a good command in English is essential, once we will provide networking with international students and professionals in addition with conferences and workshops with outstanding international scholars.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
Workshops e Themed Training
Some workshops and themed trainings are also offered throughout the academic year, such as CV Workshop and Cover Letter, Interview Workshop, Psychometric Tests, Group Dynamics and Personal Development Programme.
The MSc in Management proposes a continued studies option for graduate students in the areas of management or similar, and has the general objectives of:
- Improving students' knowledge about central topics in management sciences;
- Developing specialised competences in topics convergent with the students' interests and professional expectations, which might contribute towards de production of a final research project;
- Endowing students with research methodologies, procedures and techniques, which enable them to develop their research project with a high degree of autonomy.
It is offered the possibility to complete another programme simultaneously in partnership with another university, so the student is granted two degrees from different Universities by fulfilling the Programmes’ requirements. This opportunity fits students who seek to advance rapidly in their career in a short amount of time, also obtaining a vaster international experience.
In this Programme the existent partnerships are with Florida International University in the USA (AACSB accredited) KEDGE Business School – France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited) and Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia (AACSB accredited).
Number of Years: 6
Date of Publication: 04-03-2014
Registration Number: R/A-Ef 1062/2011 / AL01
Registration Date: 25-08-2014