MSc in Human Resources Management and Organizational Consulting
Ranked 23º in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe in 2017/2018.
Hays rewarded the best MSc in Human Resources Management and Organizational Consultancy student (2016/2017)
Programme Director: Ana Passos
Programme Vice-Director: Carla Costa
The MSc in Human Resources Management and Organizational Consulting is a full-time programme designed to provide students with a truly transformative experience. Taken within ISCTE Business School, this programme combines the teaching of advanced HR knowledge with the connection to the business reality, whilst encouraging the personal development of the students.
Students will have the opportunity to gain know-how from highly qualified academicians and professionals working in some of the major international consulting companies. This program seeks to integrate the best practices in human resources and consultancy and current knowledge developed in the academy.
Workshop on Recruitment and Selection
Students will have an opportunity to attend a Workshop on Recruitment and Selection, developed by Dr. Magda Machado, Hogrefe.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
Why choose the MSc in Human Resources Management and Organizational Consulting?
- For students without professional experience, this programme guarantees an intense personal development experience, a real foundation upon which you build a career;
- The programme faculty combine an extensive research background with broad professional experience, making classes unique - with a focus on the balance between theory and practice;
- The programme content is designed with a focus on international best practice and with strong links to business professionals - enhancing students’ career opportunities;
- Students will be involved in a programme with a challenging workload, demanding a high level of information processing and results, an important preparation for a future career;
- Students will be part of a lively intellectual academic community, with close contact between faculty and students that facilitates team building and the sharing of ideas;
- There is flexibility and freedom in the final dissertation / project which will involve a real life business scenario;
- The MSc in Human Resources Management and Organizational Consulting paves the way for either an exciting career or further academic study (PhD).
It is widely known that in reaction to the technological evolution, organisations have been basing their competitiveness on intangible factors in which human involvement plays a key role. At the professional level, besides the traditional activities related to selection, training and compensation, positions associated to HRM implicate strategic planning, development of continuous improvement and deep change projects.
These methods require the mastery of a set of advanced and specific competencies that only advanced training can provide. Moreover, knowledge in the HRM area has been growing exponentially, establishing an even more competent body to support an autonomous professional activity, evidence based and permanent updating. The aim of this Master upholds IBS's mission to transmit and convey HRM-related scientific knowledge, pursuant to the highest international patterns, that provides economic, social and cultural value to society.
The Human Resources World Approach
Expert guidance that leads to meaningful personal and professional development the programme features:
- The participation of business professionals: Throughout the programme, guest managers and human resources consultants are invited to share their experiences;
- Participation in advanced seminars: Students are frequently invited to participate in seminars and conferences where they get a chance to learn about cutting edge developments in the field;
- Student-centered teaching methods: The faculty make use of a wide range of advanced teaching methods that include case studies and detailed discussions of how methods can be applied to national and international contexts;
- Evaluation procedures: Students are assessed through a variety of methods, enabling them to perfect their information processing, problem solving, group work and productive skills;
- The Master’s dissertation / project: The final challenge of the programme is the dissertation / project in which students apply the knowledge they gained in the classroom to a real life business scenario or theoretical issue.
Number of Years: 6
Date of Publication: 18-05-2015
Registration Number: R/A-Cr 65/2015/AL01
Registration Date: 29-03-2018
Students are offered the possibility of completing a second international programme simultaneously, in partnership with another university. At successful completion of programme requirements the student is granted two degrees, one from each university. This opportunity suits students who seek to advance rapidly in their career in a short period of time, by obtaining a rich international experience.