1. How can I apply for the Summer School Lisbon?
Applications to Summer School Lisbon programmes are considered after students submit the online form with all required documents.
2. Who can apply for the Summer School Lisbon?
The summer programmes are available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
3. Can I attend more than one programme?
It is not possible to attend different courses of the same session, but the student can take two courses in two different periods. For example, mid June and July.
4. What are the criteria to select students who will participate in the summer programmes?
Applications are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. As we have a limited number of vacancies for each programme, earlier applications are recommended.
5. What is the deadline for applications for the summer programmes?
The final date for the submission of applications is the 31st May. However, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible in order to guarantee a place. Moreover, early applications are also strongly recommended for those who require visas, in order to guarantee that these will be issued in due time.
6. Do I need to present any English certificate?
No. There is no need to deliver an English language certificate (like TOEFL) but since all taught in English, it is recommended that students who apply for the summer programmes have a satisfactory level of English.
7. Do I need to have any knowledge of Portuguese language?
No. All the programmes (classes, visits, activities) will be conducted in English. Furthermore, a basic language course will be offered to students who want to know a little bit of Portuguese.
8. Are there any pre-requisites for the courses?
Yes, for some of the programmes. Students who want to apply for the "International Financial Management" programme should have some previous knowledge of finance.
9. Is there any scholarship or tuition waiver available to attend the summer programmes?
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for summer schools but we can recommend this website: http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/ where you may look for some financial support to come to Lisbon.
10. I was selected to participate in a summer university and I paid the fee but for personal reasons I need to cancel my participation. Can I be refunded?
If the student withdraws the application before 31th May, 200€ of the amount paid will be retained by ISCTE and the rest refunded (bank fees charged will be borne by the student). In case of cancellation after 31th May no reimbursements can be made.
11. I would like to extend my stay in Lisbon (by arriving before the programme or postponing the departure). Is it possible?
For those staying in university dormitories arranged by us, accommodation is guaranteed during the programme period.
12. How does the grading system work for the summer programmes?
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
13. Are there any extra-curricular activities organised?
Our team organize cultural and leisure activities every day during the Summer School (visits to museums, viewings of football matches, surf lessons, parties, etc). On the weekend, we offer our international students the opportunity to discover Lisbon and Portugal, either through day visits to the most interesting places in Lisbon or 2 or 3-day trips to other remarkable cities outside Lisbon.
14. Apart from the programme fees and the price of the activities, are any other costs involved?
There are no other costs involved. However, students are responsible for their own meals, flight and overseas health / travel insurance.