1. How can I apply for the Summer School Lisbon?
Applications to Summer School Lisbon programmes are considered after students submit the online form with all required documents.
2. Who can apply for the Summer School Lisbon?
The summer programmes are available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
3. Can I attend more than one programme?
Yes, it´s possible to attend different courses. Students can take two courses in two different periods, for example: mid June and July or two different courses at the same period but in a different schedule (morning course & afternoon course). Please check out the list of the courses available and schedule.
4. What are the criteria to select students who will participate in the summer programmes?
Applications are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. As we have a limited number of vacancies for each programme, earlier applications are recommended.
5. What is the deadline for applications for the summer programmes?
You should apply before 31st of May. However, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible in order to guarantee a place. Moreover, early applications are also strongly recommended for those who require visas, in order to guarantee that these will be issued in due time.
6. Do I need to present any English certificate?
No. There is no need to deliver an English language certificate (like TOEFL) but since all taught in English, it is recommended that students who apply for the summer courses have a satisfactory level of English.
7. Do I need to have any knowledge of Portuguese language?
No. All the courses (classes, visits, activities) will be conducted in English. Furthermore, a basic language course will be offered to students who want to know a little bit of Portuguese.
8. Are there any pre-requisites for the courses?
Yes, for some of the courses. Students who want to apply for the "International Financial Management" programme should have some previous knowledge of finance. Please check-out the syllabus of each courses.
9. Is there any scholarship or tuition waiver available to attend the summer programmes?
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for summer schools but we can recommend this website: http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/ where you may look for some financial support to come to Lisbon.
10. I was selected to participate in a summer university and I paid the fee but for personal reasons I need to cancel my participation. Can I be refunded?
If the student withdraws the application before 31th May, 200€ of the amount paid will be retained by ISCTE and the rest refunded (bank fees charged will be borne by the student). In case of cancellation after 31th May no reimbursements can be made.
11. Accommodation: I would like to extend my stay in Lisbon (by arriving before the programme or postponing the departure). Is it possible?
Students are responsible to find the accommodation on their own. Lodging is not included in the price of each course.
We have University dormitories available in July and August for students on a first come first serve basis.
The price is 250€ per student in a double room with a private bathroom.
If you would be accomodated in a student dormitory it´s not possible to extend your stay.
The accommodation is guarantee from the day of arrival until the day of departure according to the schedule of each course.
12. How does the grading system work for the summer courses?
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from courses to courses. Therefore, we recommend you to check each courses syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their course and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
13. Are there any extra-curricular activities organised?
Our team organize cultural and leisure activities every day during the Summer School (visits to museums, viewings of football matches, surf lessons, parties, etc). On the weekend, we offer our international students the opportunity to discover Lisbon and Portugal, either through day visits to the most interesting places in Lisbon or 2 or 3-day trips to other remarkable cities outside Lisbon.
14. Apart from the programme fees and the price of the activities, are any other costs involved?
There are no other costs involved. However, students are responsible for their own meals, flight, lodging and overseas health / travel insurance.