Important Information for Winter School Students
Emna Makni from Tunisia - Winter School Lisbon 2019
- Each participant must have a personal insurance cover, including medical assistance in the case of emergency.
- We recommend that you also purchase a travel insurance.Please, bring with you the insurance policy papers and upload a digital copy on the Fenix platform during your enrollment phase.
- In case participants need a visa to enter in Portugal, we offer our assistance in issuing the required invitation documents. As these are short-term programmes, the participants may apply for a short stay (Schengen) visa.
- Early applications are also strongly recommended for those who require a visa, in order to guarantee that it will be issued in due time.
- For further information please consult this site.
City Transportation Pass
- A city transportation pass is included and will be handed over to you at the moment of pick-up from the airport.
- Please note that in case of late applications it may take longer for the pass to be ready and you may be required to pick it up yourself.
- At arrival, you will be picked-up at the airport by a buddy using public transportation. This service will be available to those who send us their flight details in advance.
- If we are not able to pick you up at the airport, we will provide all the information you need to get from there to your residence.
- The pick-up service is guaranteed on January 4th.
- Students arriving before that day will receive instructions on how to reach the accommodation from the airport.
- The welcome programme will take place before lectures start, to familiarize students with their surroundings and also for the students to get to know the staff and each other.
- On the last day of the Winter School Programme a farewell ceremony will take place, including dinner, to which all participants are invited.
- At the end of the programme an official Winter School certificate, including the grades transcript, will be issued to the participant, usually during the Farewell Dinner.
- The welcome lunch and farewell dinner are included in the programme fee. During the lecture period you can choose from different types of canteens and restaurants localized in the university. At the canteens, a complete meal with a main dish, soup or dessert and a drink, is available for 3,50€ and in the students' bar it costs around 5€.
- Such as: visits to Cristo Rei in Almada (across the river from Lisbon) or visits to Lisbon’s most famous places like Belém Tower or the Oceanarium, will be organised after classes. Lisbon also offers a great night life and a large variety of cultural and sports events.
- During the weekends the students have the possibility to make trips to some of the outstanding sights around Portugal, including the city of Porto in the north, the beaches of Algarve in the South and the countryside of Alentejo.
- The Winter School team offers assistance in organizing individual excursions and advises about the best places to visit.
+351 210 464 331