The main purpose of this course is to provide students with theoretical and empirical knowledge on energy and environmental economics that will enable them to understand and take action.
At the end of the course, participants are expected to:
- Develop a comprehensive overview of the main challenges facing the energy sector, together with a detailed analysis of the main policy issues;
- Review worldwide relevant regulatory experiences in the energy sector, including recent competition policy cases;
- Provide a deep understanding of the main recent concepts and tools regarding the performance of energy markets;
- Recognize the role of energy financial markets and learn with experts in the field;
- Understand the role and challenges of renewable energy sources for sustainable development.
Prof. Mónica Meireles
Director of BSc in Economics;
Vice-Director of the Department of Economics at IBS;
Co-founder member of APEEN – the Portuguese Association of IAEE.
Prof. Thomas Greve
PhD in Economics;
Faculty of Economics at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark;
Guest professor at ISCTE-IUL.
Prof. Mara Madaleno
PhD in Economics from the University of Aveiro;
Researcher from GOVCOPP;
Assistant Professor and Director of the MSc in Economics.
Prof. Marta Ferreira Dias
Director of the PhD programme in Sustainable Energy Systems and Climate Change;
PhD in Economics from the University of Warwick, UK;
Director of the undergraduate studies in Economics from the University of Aveiro.