MSc in Finance
Ranked 29º in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programs, in Western Europe in 2018/2019.
Programme Director: António Freitas Miguel
The MSc in Finance is a full-time, one-year Program that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field plus one-year for research and writing a dissertation. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. This Program gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. The MSc in Finance at IBS will enhance your career prospects, give you exposure to a faculty with a worldwide reputation, and provide you with a cutting-edge knowledge of finance in classes that teach you how to apply what you have learned.
The emphasis of the Program is specialization and flexibility. Half of the courses are electives, which allows you to better tailor the Program to your own career objectives.
Program at the University of Delaware, United States
A week residential stay at the University of Delaware gives you the opportunity to obtain a valuable international experience. You will have access to real-time, hands-on professional industry applications and tools, and to historical and real-time data. This Program provides you the opportunity to have direct contact with companies and institutions in the local financial industry, including visits to the New York Stock Exchange and Bloomberg.
Partnership with CFA
The partnership with CFA aligns the Master in Finance Program with the CFA® Program Candidate Body of Knowledge® syllabus. You are able to complete your Master and prepare for the CFA® Program at the same time. You will also be able to apply for CFA exam scholarships.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition for teaching-student proximity. There is a close working relationship between students and faculty. Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
The vast majority of our students find a job after completing the first academic year. Many begin to work even before finishing their first year. 100% of our graduates are placed 6 months after graduation. The IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies contribute in a decisive way to these results
Why choose the MSc in Finance?
The International Master's Degree in Finance is a full-time, one-year programme that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. The Master's in Finance gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. Our graduates have earned an excellent reputation in the corporate sector for their outstanding quantitative and technical skills.
Studying for a MSc in Finance at IBS offers you:
MSc in Finance aims to prepare students for advanced professional work, in national or international institutions. Therefore the general objectives of the programme are:
- Be able to show knowledge of relevant theories and models in the field of finance, including its concepts, theories, methods and techniques, and some of their specialized fields;
- Be able to solve problems in the field of finance, applying the acquired knowledge and skills to identify and solve problems, new or unfamiliar situations that arise in their areas of study, research or professional activity, as well as broad and multidisciplinary contexts related to these;
- Be able to show critical thinking skills, integrate knowledge, handle complex issues, develop solutions and make judgments in situations of limited or incomplete information;
- Be able to communicate orally and to write their analysis and conclusions, as well as the knowledge and the reasoning underlying them, both to experts and non-experts in a clear and unambiguous way;
A Double Degree is an excellent opportunity which allows the students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (ISCTE-IUL and a partner university). Thanks to those programmes the students can grow internationally and earn professional experience.
It is a great chance for anyone who wants to challenge themselves by being part of two different academic cultures and to expand their international network.
In this Programme the existent partnerships are with:
- KEDGE Business School in France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited);
- Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia (AACSB accredited);
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics - China (EQUIS acrredited);
- Florida International University in the USA (AACSB accredited).
|Master Programme||Partner Universities|
MSc in Finance
|KEDGE Business School Bordeaux - France
(AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited)
|Southwestern University of Finance and Economics - China (EQUIS accredited)|
|Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia
|Florida International University - USA
Note: For more information consult the site.
Number of Years: 6
Date of Publication: 24-05-2012
Registration Number: R/A-Cr 42/2012/AL01
Registration Date: 20-08-2014