MSc in Finance
Ranked 40º among the Top 200 Best Masters Programmes Western Europe in 2015/2016.
Programme Director: António Freitas Miguel
MSc in Finance is a full-time, one-year programme that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field plus one-year for research and writing a dissertation. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance.
This programme gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world.
MSc in Finance at IBS will enhance your career prospects, give you exposure to a faculty with a worldwide reputation, and provide you with a cutting - edge knowledge of finance in classes that teach you how to apply what you have learned.
The emphasis of the programme is specialisation and flexibility. Half of the courses are electives, which allows students to better tailor the programme to their own career objectives.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
Why choose the MSc in Finance?
The International Master's Degree in Finance is a full-time, one-year programme that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. The Master's in Finance gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. Our graduates have earned an excellent reputation in the corporate sector for their outstanding quantitative and technical skills.
Studying for a MSc in Finance at IBS offers you:
MSc in Finance aims to prepare students for advanced professional work, in national or international institutions. Therefore the general objectives of the programme are:
- Be able to communicate orally and to write their analysis and conclusions, as well as the knowledge and the reasoning underlying them, both to experts and non-experts in a clear and unambiguous way;
- Be able to show critical thinking skills, integrate knowledge, handle complex issues, develop solutions and make judgments in situations of limited or incomplete information;
- Be able to show knowledge of relevant theories and models in the field of finance, including its concepts, theories, methods and techniques, and some of their specialized fields;
- Be able to solve problems in the field of finance, applying the acquired knowledge and skills to identify and solve problems, new or unfamiliar situations that arise in their areas of study, research or professional activity, as well as broad and multidisciplinary contexts related to these.
It is offered the possibility to complete another programme simultaneously in partnership with another university, so the student is granted two degrees from different Universities by fulfilling the Programmes’ requirements. This opportunity fits students who seek to advance rapidly in their career in a short amount of time, also obtaining a vaster international experience.
In this Programme the existent partnerships are with KEDGE Business School in France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited), with France Business School in France (AACSB accredited) and with Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia (AACSB accredited).
Number of Years: 6
Date of Publication: 24-05-2012
Registration Number: R/A-Cr 42/2012 / AL01
Registration Date: 20-08-2014