MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Dual Degree)
Among the Top 50 World's Best Masters Programmes in Tourism 2017/2018.
Programme Director: Hélia Pereira
Applications for this Master Programme are now open for the academic year 2018.
Now with a new Upgrade:
Studying Hospitality and Tourism in Portugal is unique opportunity to experience one of the global leaders in the tourism industry. Portugal is one of the top leisure destinations in Europe – bathed in a Mediterranean climate – where you can find some of the most attractive beaches in the world, hundreds of golf courses, unforgettable sightseeing, and a rich monumental heritage. It is no surprise that in Portugal you can find every possible type of tourist facility, from large-scale hotels to exclusive resorts as well as all major hotels chains.
The leading Portuguese industry brands have capitalised on this popularity and have expanded their chains worldwide where they are well known for their innovation and successful development strategies. Lisbon and Portugal, therefore, provide students with a live laboratory in which to make contact with the hub of innovation and creativity in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
Why choose the MHTM at ISCTE Business School
- Enter one of the fastest growing industries across the globe
- Benefit from a programme in the USA with tuition fees substantially lower than in USA
- Access one of the five best hospitality and tourism management schools in the world
- Gain intensive international exposure and expertise
- Benefit from the network of both Schools and their links with the hospitality and tourism industry
- Develop the necessary skills to become a successful professional
- Take managerial related jobs in the hospitality and tourism industry worldwide after graduation
The MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management is presented as an option to continue studies for all graduates in management, tourism and other courses in related areas, and contains the following overall objectives:
- To improve knowledge of the core topics in management sciences applied to hospitality and tourism;
- To develop expertise in cross-cutting themes, in the interests and professional expectations of students, which contribute to the development of an applied research project;
- To provide students with methods, procedures and research techniques that enable them to develop their research project with a high degree of autonomy.
Accreditation A3ES Link
Number of Years: 6
Date of Publication: 19-08-2013
Registration Number: R/A-Ef 3378/2011/AL02
Registration Date: 02-03-2018