1. How can I apply for the Winter School Lisbon?
Applications to Winter School Lisbon programmes are considered after students submit the online form in addition with one photograph, a short motivation letter and a digital copy of their ID / Passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Who can apply for the Winter School Lisbon?
The Winter programmes are available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
3. What are the criteria to select students who will participate in the winter programmes?
Applications are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. As we have a limited number of vacancies for each programme, earlier applications are recommended.
4. What is the deadline for applications for the winter programmes?
Applications after 1st of December will carry a penalty of 50€ increase in the fee. The final date for the submission of applications is December 15th.
Nevertheless, we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to guarantee a place. Moreover, early applications are also strongly recommended for those who require a visa, in order to guarantee that it will be issued in due time.
5. Do I need to present any English certificate?
No. There is no need to deliver an English language certificate (like TOEFL) but since the classes are all taught in English, it is recommended that students who apply for the Winter programmes have a satisfactory level of English.
6. Do I need to have any knowledge of Portuguese language?
Yes, if you want to attend the course Criatividade e Inovação em Marketing. All the other programmes will be conducted in English. Furthermore, a basic language course will be offered to students who want to know a little bit of Portuguese.
7. Are there any pre-requisites for the courses?
Not at all. Please do note that the course in portuguese Criatividade e Inovação em Marketing is only available to Master level students.
8. Is there any scholarship or tuition waiver available to attend the Winter programmes?
Unfortunately there is no scholarship available for the Winter School Lisbon but we can recommend this website: http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/ where you may look for some financial support to come to Lisbon.
9. I was selected to participate in the Winter School Lisbon and I have paid the fee but for personal reasons I need to cancel my participation. Can I be refunded?
If the student withdraws the application before December 15th 2016, 200€ of the amount paid will be retained and the rest refunded (bank fees charged will be borne by the student). In case of cancellation later than December 15th 2016 no reimbursements can be made.
10. I would like to extend my stay in Lisbon (by arriving before the programme or postponing the departure). Is it possible?
If you inform us with enough antecedence we will try to accommodate your needs.
11. How does the grading system work for the winter programmes?
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (having passed the course and have not missed more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the course length in hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed to pass, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
12. What is a typical day like?
Usually there are classes everyday, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with a 10 min. break.
The classes of Portuguese History and Culture or Survival Portuguese, which are optional, ususally are offered during the afternoon, running from 1.30 to 4.30 p.m.
13. Are there any extra-curricular activities organised?
There will be organised cultural and leisure activities during the Winter School that include visits to museums, sightseeing, among other activities. For the weekends, the students will have the opportunity to discover Lisbon and other cities of Portugal. A team of buddies will keep you busy and entertained.
14. Apart from the programme fees and the price of the activities, are any other costs involved?
There are no other costs involved, however, students are responsible for their own meals, flight and overseas health / travel insurance.