1. Who can apply for the Winter School Lisbon?
The Winter programme is available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
2. Which are the criteria to select students who will participate in the Winter programme?
As we have a limited number of vacancies for each course, earlier applications are recommended, so the date of candidacy is a relevant criteria. Additionally, we may evaluate the CV and the motivations of each student.
3. Do I need to present any English certificate?
No. There is no need to deliver an English language certificate (like TOEFL) but since the classes are all taught in English, it is recommended that students who apply for the Winter programmes have a satisfactory level of English.
4. Do I need to have any knowledge of Portuguese language?
No knowledge of Portuguese language is required.
5. Is there any scholarship or tuition waiver available to attend the Winter programme?
Unfortunately there is no scholarship available for the Winter School Lisbon but we can recommend this website: http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/ where you may look for some financial support to come to Lisbon.
6. I was selected to participate in the Winter School Lisbon and I have paid the fee but for personal reasons I need to cancel my participation. Can I be refunded?
If the student withdraws the application before December 15th 2018, 200€ of the amount paid will be retained and the rest refunded (any bank fees will be borne by the student). In case of cancellation later than December 15th 2018, no reimbursements can be made.
7. I would like to extend my stay in Lisbon (by arriving before the programme or postponing the departure). Is it possible?
For those staying in university dormitories arranged by us, accommodation is guaranteed during the programme period.
It may be possible to extend the stay, but this will be dealt on a case by case analysis. Otherwise, the student has the responsibility to find an alternative accommodation.
8. How does the grading system work for the winter courses?
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from course to course. Therefore, we recommend you to check each course syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (having passed the course and not missed more than 20% of the classes) an official Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the course length in hours, the ECTS credits earned and the distribution of grades. For those who failed to pass, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
9. What is a typical day like?
Usually there are classes everyday, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with a 10 min. break.
Extra activities may take place in the afternoon.
10. Are there any extra-curricular activities organised?
Some cultural and leisure activities will be organized during the Winter School, including visits to museums, sightseeing, among other activities. For the weekends, the students will have the opportunity to discover Lisbon and other cities of Portugal.
11. Apart from the programme fees and the price of the activities, are any other costs involved?
There are no other costs involved, however, students are responsible for their own meals, flight and overseas health / travel insurance.