MSc in Business Administration 2017/2018
EDP rewarded the best MSc in Business Administration student (2015/2016)
Director: Renato Costa
ISCTE Business School is committed to fully exploring the new frontiers of the Bologna Agreement by offering an international MSc in BA that can provide each student with an unforgettable learning experience and valuable tools for succeeding in the fascinating - and complex - business world of today.
The MSc in BA is a full-time programme designed for undergraduate students with a bachelor in areas that are not management-related (i.e., excludes management, finance, accounting, marketing management, human resources management bachelors), that delivers the contents of an MBA to students with little or no work experience whilst also giving the higher academic title of Master of Science in Business Administration. The MSc in BA provides applied general management knowledge that will enable you to develop the skills required to engage in a dynamic and rewarding career in today's globalised world.
The MSc in BA places significant focus on personal skills, offering a state-of-the-art programme with workshops involving several top companies in areas like leadership and communication and the “Master Your Career” programme, developed by the IBS Career Service, providing students with the required tools to enter the on the job marketplace.
In other words, the MSc in BA is a learning experience of outstanding professional value that provides students with educational experiences that may be a decisive step toward succeeding in the business world.
We invite you to learn more about our programme and how we envisage the role of the business executive and the development of organisations in the years to come.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
ISCTE Business School has partnerships with companies for its programs, which can be consulted in more detail: http://ibs.iscte.pt/ISCTE-Business-School/parcerias-ibs/empresas-parcerias-ibs#slider-1417-content-1417
Why choose the MSc in Business Administration?
- A global vision of business. You will be dealing with cases and issues from the international business world on a regular basis and have a chance to interact with a faculty that has wide-reaching international business experience. Included in the curriculum is a course entitled “Doing Business Internationally.” In addition, the programme explores the world’s fastest growing economies, such as Brazil, China and India, and takes an in-depth look at the different political, cultural, economic and managerial climates of different geographical zones.
- Direct contact with a new environment will be provided in a visit to Barcelona, Spain (mid-week), where you will receive additional exposure to doing business at the international level.
- A key emphasis on your own personal development. A parallel programme is offered that enables you to explore and develop relevant aspects of your behaviour, attitude, and personal skills. This focus on personal development is designed, not only to make you better prepared to lead people, but to boost your eagerness and ability to foster innovation and embrace change.
- An individual business mentor for the top students, who is a senior manager and who will provide advice, counselling and expertise in preparing you for your future professional career.
- A networking process of teambuilding and experience-sharing from day one. The programme starts with a kick-off session aimed at accelerating personal contact, team chemistry and programme awareness. This spirit is reinforced year-round with many other activities.
- An applied business approach. As a final compulsory requirement, each student has to submit a written project report (the master’s thesis), either after interning in Portugal or abroad, or based on a project selected by the student him/herself that covers a specific business situation and takes in the experiences dealt with in the programme.
- Experience of living in one of the safest and most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. With a very competitive cost of living, a warm climate, sandy beaches and a highly cosmopolitan and multicultural population, this is Europe’s west coast capital.
- The Master of Science degree after successful completion of the programme.
The MSc in Business Administration proposes a continued studies option for graduate students in any area of knowledge not related with management, either Portuguese or foreigners, and has the general objectives of:
- Transmitting knowledge about central topics in management sciences, from theoretical and practical application approaches;
- Developing competences in soft skills areas, with a special focus on leadership;
- Endowing students with research methodologies, procedures and techniques, which enable them to develop their research project with a high degree of autonomy.
It is offered the possibility to complete another programme simultaneously in partnership with another university, so the student is granted two degrees from different Universities by fulfilling the Programmes’ requirements. This opportunity fits students who seek to advance rapidly in their career in a short amount of time, also obtaining a vaster international experience.
In this programme the existent partnerships are with KEDGE Business School in France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited), with Florida International University in the USA (AACSB accredited), with Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia (AACSB accredited), and Southwestern University of Finance and Economics - China (EQUIS acrredited).
Number of Years: 6
Date of Publication: 30-12-2013
Registration Number: R/A-Ef 1064/2011 / AL01
Registration Date: 20-08-2014