MSc in Management of Services and Technology (MMST)
The MSc in Management of Services and Technology (MMST) ranked 17º, in its category, among the Top Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe, in 2017/2018.
Programme Director: Teresa Grilo
The Master in Management of Services and Technology (MMST) is an unique advanced educational programme in Technology and Operations Management (TOM) that focuses on both industry and service domains. This programme aims at developing modern, updated, proactive, accountable and socially responsible managers, specifically focused on business operations. Graduates are prepared to excel, to lead, to learn and to become ethical entrepreneurs in any international arena. They might also pursue a career in research by attending the PhD of this line of studies in TOM, where three independent cycles of studies interact and are integrated to extend the previous one.
Finally, the programme promotes both students and its own growth.The MMST has currently two double degrees, one with the Università degli Studi di Palermo and, the other one, with the KEDGE Business School.
ISCTE Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
Professional opportunities for the graduates.
Professional opportunities are arranged around the following areas:
i) Operations (i.e. industry and services), logistics and supply chain management (SCM), which consolidates the 1rst degree in Industrial & Logistics Management (ISCTE-IUL), leverages the potential of candidates with a general management degree or positions into the business context a candidate from a natural sciences background; thus, the resulting graduates are competent to occupy job positions in these areas.
ii) Innovation and technology, either by participating in, or leading teams, or by defining strategies for the employers, or even by designing applications to gather funding (e.g. H2020). Becoming a much more realistic and informed (intra/)entrepreneur is also an expected outcome for the candidates.
Moreover, consultancy jobs have been common among our graduates despite, they are also prepared to develop themselves as professional entrepreneurs. In consultancy, our graduates have been assuming important job positions in the IS/IT domain and also, as business analysts.
The Careers Service of ISCTE-IUL shows evidence that the MMST graduates are fully employed. A few students, even, start acting as professionals before finishing the 1rst year of the programme.
In addition to the local market, our graduates work all around the world.
Fully committed to help our students to succeed by developing management knowledge and practice that prepares future managers to lead organisations towards a positive impact on society, in a global world.
Generic objectives for the study programme
- To pursue a modern view that positions both operations and innovation at the core of the generation of competitive advantage, by developing the business in an integrated holistic way that includes cooperative processes of collective learning that are supported by innovative collaborative alliances targeting a co-creation of value that might call for a reformulation of the product-service relationship.
- To be able to independently design, deploy, operate and improve complex interdisciplinary production systems that are leveraged by the technology and that integrate people, materials and financial resources targeting making available quality goods and services in a flexible and efficient way, in such conditions that satisfy the social needs and, in a sustainable, entrepreneur and proactive, but also reliable and ethical way.
Common Learning Goals
- To display effective written communication skills
- To display effective oral communication skills
- To develop critical thinking skills
Specific Learning Goals
- To demonstrate broad updated knowledge of sustainable operations
and/or innovation as the thrust of competitive advantage
- To demonstrate effective ability to design or improve operations
systems that target specific strategic needs.
A Double Degree is an excellent opportunity which allows the students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (ISCTE-IUL and a partner university). Thanks to those programmes the students can grow internationally and earn professional experience.
It is a great chance for anyone who wants to challenge themselves by being part of two different academic cultures and to expand their international network.
In this Programme the existent partnerships are with:
- KEDGE Business School – France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited);
- Università degli Studi di Palermo - Italy (School of Engineering).
|Master Programme||Partner Universities|
| MSc in Management of
Services and Technology
|KEDGE Business School Bordeaux - France
(AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited)
|Università degli studi di Palermo - Italy|
Note: For more information consult the site.
Number of Years: 4
Date of Publication: 08-09-2016
Registration Number: R/A-Cr 126/2010/AL02
Registration Date: 05-05-2017