In 2022, Iscte Business School will participate for the second time in the European Ethics Bowl! This is a collaborative and competitive event, launched by three European universities and the European Investment Bank Institute, which offers participating teams the opportunity to debate ethical dilemmas related to economy, businesses, and society.
How does it work?
In each edition of the European Ethics Bowl, ethical issues are presented in the form of a case study. Participants will work together in teams of three to solve the case.
The first phase will take place at Iscte Business School. The winning team will then represent the School in the European challenge.
A panel of juries will evaluate the teams according to two criteria:
- Understanding of the ethical challenge posed by the case study;
- Solution found for the ethical problem, which will be evaluated according to its degree of inclusion, integrity and respect for diversity.
Why participate in the European Ethics Bowl?
This is a unique opportunity to participate in a pioneering initiative at Iscte Business School, with the support of the European Investment Bank Institute. Additionally, you will:
- Acquire knowledge and skills to deal with ethical issues that arise in the day-to-day life of companies and society;
- Improve your critical reflection and debate skills on current issues;
- Embark on a cultural experience where you will get to know students and institutions from all over Europe;
- Improve your communication, analysis, creativity, and teamwork skills.
Who can participate?
The European Ethics Bowl is aimed at faculty, undergraduate and master students of Iscte Business School (students currently enrolled at Iscte Business School or finishing their studies on 21/22). Each team will consist of three elements.
What is the next step?
To participate on the European Ethics Bowl 2022, you should register your team on this form until the 30th March, 23:59. You will be contacted afterwards with more information!