Why Iscte Business School?
Why Iscte Business School?
About Iscte Business School
Iscte Business School traces its origins back to the earlier department of management sciences, created in 1972. The school is recognized for its excellence in learning and research, innovative and entrepreneurial focus, international and multicultural environment, and a solid connection to the business world, which is reflected on the exceptional work placement rates of our graduates.
Iscte Business School has approximately 181 teachers distributed throughout its six Departments: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations and Management, Quantitative Methods for Management and Economics, and Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour.
More than 3,500 students are currently enrolled in the 7 Undergraduate Programmes, 15 Masters Programmes and 4 PhD's offered by the school.
Iscte Business School is one of four schools that constitute Iscte, along with the School of Sociology and Public Policy, School of Social Sciences and Humanities and the School of Technology and Architecture.
At Iscte Business School each student has the opportunity to get to know the business world closely. Be prepared to successfully respond to the challenges facing you from the first day of your working life.
This contact is constant throughout each course through:
- Practical assignments - In the vast majority of subjects students perform practical assignments, group or individual, which analyse concrete problems of companies.
- Entrepreneurship Support Center - AUDAX - Iscte Business School is the main founder of Audax, a center that helps newly graduated students with an interesting idea start to their own business. It supports the projects in legal and organizational aspects, and has even associated an investment fund that finances the launch of new companies.
- Teachers with High Business Experience - The School has a set of invited teachers who perform prominent roles in the main Portuguese companies and who transmit all their experience and practical knowledge in class.
Iscte Business School currently has about 250 students exchanging in over 30 countries in Europe, North America, South America and Asia and receives about 400 international students from over 40 nationalities attending Iscte Business School's Bachelor's Degrees, Masters Courses or Summer Universities. This multiculturalism allows students to experience within their own school very diverse experiences and cultures. More information here!
By understanding the skills that today's companies are looking for, Iscte Business School - through its Career Services - ensures that students will be able to develop them. Working proactively with participants, from the very beginning of our programmes, Iscte Business School will help students to find the right place from a career development perspective. Students and alumni are free to take advantage of several valuable services that will help them find their way to their business career. This strategy is translated into high employability rates for our students. You can find the most recent employability statistics here!
Merit and individual effort are founding values of a modern and democratic society. Iscte rewards those who do their best to achieve levels of excellence both at the beginning of their course (admission award) and at the end of their course (best student award), both for undergaduate and master degrees. For more information about these awards, please click here!
Iscte Business School offers the possibility for its students, during the three years of the Degree, to attend subjects that aim to develop transversal personal competences, such as: the ability to develop autonomous work, as well as teamwork, to perform individual research, to analyse complex situations and to communicate. Aiming to prepare future graduates to, on the one hand, deepen their knowledge in subsequent study cycles and, on the other, to integrate fully into the labour market.
Iscte Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of Iscte Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
Teaching & Research aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals
In accordance to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Iscte Business School considers the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be fundamental, in a scenario of eradicating poverty, protecting the environment and promoting prosperity and well-being from all until 2030. In order to promote the integration of sustainability content in curricular units of the three study cycles, the possibility of associating the Curricular Unit with the Sustainable Development Goals is available in the Iscte's Fénix system. You can find more information here!
Studying at Iscte is also an opportunity to enjoy excellent study conditions and to participate in an environment where friendship, sport and culture occupy a very important space. More information here!