Ranked 31st in its category, among the Top 50 Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe in 2018/2019.
Iscte Business School is one of the leading business schools in Portugal whose faculty members and research continue to appear at the forefront of investigation topics in International Management. Distinguished by its applied approach towards business the school’s focus on community and economic outreach has led to the development of various programmes in partnership with the local community and other organisations.
Lectured in English.
In this Programme the existent partnerships are with:
- KEDGE Business School Bordeaux - France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited)
- Pforzheim University - Germany (AACSB accredited)
- Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia (AACSB accredited)
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Economics - Slovenia (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited)
- Nottingham Trent University - UK (AACSB, EQUIS accredited)
- Florida International University - USA (AACSB accredited)
- Tongji School of Economics and Management - China (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited)
Mensagem do(s) diretor(es)
The MSc in International Management is taught entirely in English and is open to students that possess a Bachelor’s degree in the area of Management or relevant experience in international business. This highly competitive academic programme prepares students to take the next steps professionally, to work within global business enterprises and internationally-connected organisations or academics to pursue research questions.
Admission & Best Student Awards
Merit and individual effort are founding values of a modern and democratic society. Iscte rewards those who do their best to achieve levels of excellence both at the beginning of their course (admission award) and at the end of their course (best student award). For more information about these awards, please click here (only available in Portuguese).
Why Choose the MIM at Iscte Business School?
- A timetable tailored for students with professional commitments;
- An intensive and compact programme, lasting one year (plus final project/dissertation);
- A multicultural study environment with fellow students and a faculty made up of many different nationalities;
- Due credit is given both to:
- Professional interests, through modules aiming at the acquisition of "how-to" competences in international settings;
- More research-oriented interests, through modules and seminars aimed at the acquisition of capabilities for conducting an investigation in the area of international management."Wideband" programme designed to respond to a vast array of interests and specialties;
- Experienced national and international faculty; more than 60% of our staff come from abroad; Plus, the faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- Possibility of participating in optional modules in places such as India and Japan.
- Possibility of getting a double master's degree from some partner universities.
- Students have the possibility of learning the Portuguese language during the programme. This provides students with opportunities in some of the most dynamic markets (Brazil, Angola among others). Portuguese is spoken by around 300 million people spread across all continents.
- Lisbon offers an exceptional historical heritage and a large variety of cultural and leisure time activities - Iscte Business School is located close to the heart of Lisbon.
- Financial advantage over other academic centers in Europe and the United States. As the cost of living is below that of other capitals, students will find the time spent in Lisbon free from money concerns.
Funding Opportunity | Income Share Agreement (ISA) – Fundação José Neves
The Master in International Management at Iscte Business School is covered by the ISA programme of Fundação José Neves. Through this initiative, Fundação José Neves will pay the tuition fees to the university and students will repay them later to the foundation after being inserted in the job market, with a stable income. For more information on the application process and requirements to the ISA programme, check the Fundação José Neves website!
Students from outside the EU must pay the whole amount of the tuition fee for each year immediately after enrolment, as payments in instalments are not available.